Welcome back for a swim with a difference!
We are delighted to be able to open The Lido in 2020. In line with government guidance we have reviewed all our Lido operations and made numerous changes to maximise your safety. Please be advised that guidance may change over time, so our operations and timetable may need to change too. For this reason, we are also not publishing a closing date yet.
Health and safety measures
- Hand sanitising is available at the entrance to The Lido, and hand washing and sanitising opportunities are available throughout your visit.
- Toilets are available but we regret we are unable to open our changing rooms or showers at the moment. Please arrive ‘beach-ready’ in your swimwear if possible and PLEASE shower before you come, to help keep our water as clean as possible.
- Our chlorine levels are closely monitored as usual and in line with government guidelines, to ensure you are safe in the pool.
- Additional cleaning is regularly undertaken around poolside.
- If you, or anyone in your household, is feeling unwell with any of the symptoms of Covid-19, including a fever, dry cough or loss of taste or smell, please do not visit The Lido.
- Please respect other visitors and our staff, and try to keep 2m apart from other households wherever possible on poolside.
- You are asked to make sure that younger members of your family also keep their distance from others.
- Remember you must book your session in advance. Please do not turn up at The Lido without a booking as you will be disappointed.
- Please queue outside as guided by the signs. We may be able to admit you a few minutes before your session begins, but please don’t join the queue more than 10 minutes before your slot.
- There will be gaps between sessions to allow for cleaning and for customers to enter and leave the building safely. You may be assigned different entrances and exits. You will not be able to book consecutive sessions and stay on site.
- We are sorry we are unable to offer shower and changing room facilities at this time, and we can’t store valuables for you so please do not bring them on site.
- Shelter is limited and you should consider keeping your belongings in a waterproof bag or box during your swim. You are encouraged to bring a changing robe or tent to help you change after your swim.
- Some swimming sessions will have lanes to control direction of travel, but are also striving to provide more family-friendly relaxed sessions with no lane ropes, as we appreciate not everybody wants to swim lengths. The different sessions are clearly marked on the timetable, and may change over time. We are limiting our capacity in and out of the water significantly, in order to give you a good swim and keep you safe.
- Anyone with special access needs who would like to swim should just mention the assistance required when booking and we’ll do our very best to accommodate them.
- Please bring your own swimming aids: floats, woggles, armbands, goggles etc. We are very sorry we are unable to lend any items at all at this time. Swim nappies continue to be sold at reception, as are a limited supply of goggles and floats. Please use a contactless card to pay wherever possible.
- We are unable to open the toddler pool at this time. We are sorry for the disappointment this may cause, but you are welcome to swim with your young children in the main pool.
- Sadly the slide cannot be used at the moment.
- The steam room will NOT be open, in line with safety guidance.
- The cafe will not be opening this season and there will be no refreshments available on site at the moment. You are, of course, welcome as always to bring your own food and drink, and picnic on the lawn.