Gain your National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) at Chippy Lido!
NPLQ Lifeguard Training
Sunday 7th – Friday 12th July
The NPLQ covers all elements of Pool Rescue Techniques, Lifeguarding Theory, First Aid and CPR. The course is physically demanding and will include swimming to set times, lifting casualties and diving to the deepest part of the swimming pool. Training and assessment for the NPLQ is in three sections and all must be successfully passed to attain the qualification.
Every candidate attending NPLQ Lifeguard Training must be 16-years-old at the time of taking the NPLQ final assessment and be able to:
- Jump / dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder/steps and where the pool design permits
The full course cost is £250 and the NPLQ lasts for two years.
Please email us for more information and an application form.